Virtual reality (VR) is a truly revolutionary technology that is already introducing many advantages into numerous traditional fields. How can virtual reality compete with owning land and real estate? What are the pros and cons of VR when compared with gold and bitcoin?
Pros and Cons in Traditional World
The traditional world (i.e. brick and mortar) is usually associated with the following advantages and disadvantages when it comes to gold, land and real estate.
- Safety, stability: Gold has been traditionally associated with prosperity, safety, stability and luxury.
- Hedge: Physical gold might serve as a hedge in case of inflation of your national fiat currency.
- Perceived value: Because of its special properties, gold has stayed valuable for centuries.
- Diversification: Gold tends to perform well in case of market uncertainty.
- Not easy to transport: The limits of gold you can declare and carry on a flight can vary from country to country. And these limits can change dramatically over time and quite suddenly.
- Not easy to store: Storing gold can incur additional costs and concerns.
- Not easy to sell: It can be a challenge to prove the purity of your gold pieces, which might be true even in case of certified bullion.
- Questionable in crisis: In case of hyperinflation, people tend to resort to bartering goods for their daily needs, rather than buying things with gold or selling for gold.
- Low historical returns: As an investment instrument, gold performs very poorly.
- No passive income: As long as you own physical gold, it doesn’t produce any income. You can get money for gold only after you sell it.
Land and Real Estate Pros
- Intrinsic value: Because of their intrinsic value, land and real estate have stayed valuable for centuries.
- Safety, stability: Land and real estate have been traditionally associated with prosperity, safety, and stability.
- Hedge: Land and real estate can serve as a hedge in case of inflation of your national fiat currency.
- Passive income: If you rent out your land and real estate or if you run a business on your property, it can be a source of good regular passive income.
Land and Real Estate Cons
- Not easy to transport: You cannot take your home and transport it to another location.
- No fractional ownership: It is usually very difficult to own just a few square meters of a house or a land.
- High initial investment: You need quite a lot of money to buy a piece of land or a house.
- Lower liquidity: It takes time to sell your land or house.
- Uncertain ownership: Physical land and real estate can be nationalized, dispossessed or expropriated by state authorities, dictators or otherwise. This has already happened under some totalitarian or communist regimes.
Pros and Cons in The World of Virtual Reality
VICTORIA VR virtual reality (VR) is introducing photorealistic lifelike simulations in such an immersive quality that many users cannot distinguish between what is real and what is a simulation. Let’s see the pros and cons in this area, when it comes to Bitcoin (virtual currency), and lands and real estate in virtual reality.
- Digital gold: Some people describe Bitcoin as digital gold.
- Scarce: At this time, over 18.6M BTC have been mined and only 21,000,000 Bitcoins will ever be mined. In this manner, Bitcoin is similar in scarcity to physical gold.
- Easy to transport: As a digital asset, it is extremely easy to transport anywhere. You can use a paper wallet, a free software wallet on your smartphone, a hardware wallet (the size of a matchbox), or nothing if you can commit your private keys to memory (typically 12 to 24 words).
- Potential for returns: In 2010, 1 Bitcoin was still under $0.01. And it surpassed $58,350 on February 21, 2021.
- Fractional ownership: Since Bitcoin has 8 decimals, you can buy just a fraction of Bitcoin and start investing with a very low amount of money.
- High liquidity: You can buy and sell Bitcoin a matter of minutes. You can easily sell just a fraction of your portfolio.
- Transparency: All transactions are transparently recorded in a blockchain – an immutable public ledger.
- Accessibility: Transactions can be done peer-to-peer, without any international borders.
- Autonomy: You can always be in complete control, from how you decide to earn your cryptocurrency, where you choose to spend it, and to whom you will send it to.
- No passive income: Just owning and holding Bitcoin will give you no income. You can make a profit by trading, though – by buying low and selling high, even repeatedly, if you can do it.
- Fees: From March 2020 to March 2021, Bitcoin transaction fees went from $0.50 up to over $31.14 (sitting around $20 at the time of writing).
- Low TPS: At this time, Bitcoin allows only around 7-8 TPS (transactions per second), which is very low for a wider adoption by the public.
- Transaction time: It takes around 10 minutes to confirm a transaction (to mine a block), which is a long time for everyday payments by the masses.
Note: Low TPS, high fees and the long transaction time are planned to be completely solved by the future updates on the Bitcoin blockchain.
VR Land and Real Estate Pros
- Scarce, limited assets: VR Lands are NFTs (non-fungible tokens, or digital assets); their supply is limited (pre-defined). Each VR Land has a limited (fixed) maximum building height. Directly adjacent VR Lands can be combined into one and thus increase the maximum height of the building. Thanks to their uniqueness, NFTs might substantially rise in value over time.
- Passive income: You can rent out your VR property and benefit from regular, passive income.
- 100% ownership: VR Lands can be obtained at an auction for VR Tokens or from other players. As a user, you can own your VR Land and build your business on it, which will be seamlessly interconnected with the traditional world as we know it today. Nobody can nationalize, dispossess or expropriate your VR Land. It is always 100% yours since it is immutably recorded on the blockchain and since only you own the private keys.
- Usefulness: As an owner of a VR Land in VICTORIA VR, you can build anything on it. For example, buildings for presentation (shops, stores, shopping malls, showrooms, meeting rooms, etc.), private buildings (private enterprises, clubhouses, etc.), utility buildings (mines, warehouses, etc., directly in the game), ports (you can use your land as a port to another world, game or virtual reality).
- 24/7/365: Your VR Land is always available to anybody, anywhere, globally.
- Global advertising space: VR Land and real estate will be used for advertising with features that will put advertising on a totally new level. You can showcase your products in photorealistic virtual reality simulations with perfect sound and visual effects, all of that to just perfectly targeted groups, or to everybody, globally.
VR Land and Real Estate Cons
- Limited amount of VR Land: The amount of VR Land is limited since the supply of NFTs (non-fungible tokens, or digital assets) is limited, pre-defined. (This scarcity is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time, depending on whether you own the VR Land or not.)
- Limited amount of owners: Since the amount of VR Land is limited, the number of owners will be limited, too. Those who become owners of VR Land at the very start might reap huge benefits long-term. Thus, it might make a lot of sense to make use of the VICTORIA VR presale for an extremely attractive price.
VICTORIA VR (VR) tokens are available from VICTORIA VR presale for a very attractive price.
Virtual Reality as a Promising Part of Your Portfolio
Putting all eggs in one basket and betting on one horse only is against common sense. So diversification is the key. Nevertheless, the world is becoming ever more digital. Blockchain, cryptocurrencies, NFTs, virtual reality, and more are becoming an inseparable part of our everyday lives. That’s why many people are starting to use digital technologies and want to own at least some digital assets. In just a few years, virtual reality might be used in every company, and in every household. From all the points above, virtual reality technology is the way to go because it looks extremely promising.